Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Picture Books, Around-the-World Post

So it finally arrived. But first, a little back story.

I have a friend who lives in New Zealand. We met a number of years ago by crazy random happenstance - she won a trip to Ireland, this included going to an art camp I was almost off. By break-time the first day people thought we were related. We kept in touch, when my epic
family holiday of 2007 brought me to New
Zealand we met up. And of course the terrible wonder that is Facebook made keeping in touch easier again when we fell out of the letter-writing habit.

So again, through the double-edges sword that is social networking it was revealed my birthday was coming up. Right on time a parcel arrived with a bee-themed address book (complete with stickers on pages of less-popular letters) a very original card (made by ethnic people of sorts) and a really lovely purple top. I needed to repay the favour. I very quickly had the idea of what I wanted to do, but had no time to get it done. I then read, oh Social
Networking - is nothing sacred, that her pet rabbit (bunny) died. If there was ever a time, it was then.

So I put together "Jenny's Picture Book"

I took a roll of film out in the SLR, planned a few locations to shoot. Around the house, my room and Marley Park - somewhere to take some nice pictures I can write around. In some cases I wrote updates on life on my side of the equator, in other cases I commented on the picture. For example; some Yeates-Quoting graffiti, the resultant bluebells of my "search for Spring" and the dilapidated cottage on park grounds.


I'm surprisingly happy with the roll of film over all, as in - there was a lot of shots I liked, rather than just a few.

I got word yesterday, after thinking it was taking time, that it arrived and was very well received. Happy days. Glad I could be of service.

Oh, some of my favourite favourites from the book:






































No comments:

Post a Comment