Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Girl Behind the Mask - Aesop Parsley Seed


I'm fresh out of a bathroom spa treatment session with my sister where I declared - if I could only have one face mask for the rest of my life, I would be perfectly happy if it was this one.

At some point everyone of my go-to beauty bloggers have posted a picture of their masque-smeared visages so when wandering through the streets of London en route to Selfridges and Aesop came into view around a cobblestoned corner, I stopped dead in my tracks, grabbed Boyfriend's arm and made a b-line for the door.

The Aesop Parsley Seed Masque is a deep cleansing, refreshing mask that's especially kind to dry sensitive skin. The long and the short of it is that this is most definitely a where have you been all my life product. Which is a cut above Holy Grail and then some. You don't get better than this.


My sister and I compared our thoughts and reached unanimous agreement on the following key points - my skin feels really clean, it doesn't feel like my skin is drying out, my skin looks brighter and ... it smells nice too.

It's clay, which is nice for drawing out impurities (less disgusting way of saying ... anything else) - but it's creamier which makes it feel nourishing. There's a light, herbal-meets-lavender scent - definitely more of a scent than a smell. Aloe leaf juice, glycerin and a host of fruit and herb oils get to work on your skin. I like to open my pores with a hot muslin cloth before use and wash it off with cool water, and it needs to be said it washes off a lot easier and cleaner than most clay masks.

My skin, which is pretty easily offensive, comes away calm and collected. Absolutely no redness. Soft, clear and happy - and all in fifteen minutes. You only need a light layer all over your mug, so this little tube (coming in around the €30 mark, perfection) just keeps giving.

Ten years from now I will still have a tube of this in my bathroom. I love it so.

Have you got a favourite face mask?
Are there any other Aesop products you'd recommend?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment