Friday, May 16, 2014

La Vie En Rose - La Vie Est Belle


This one the seal of approval the second day I wore it. Having spritzed that morning, I arrived to Boyfriend's house after work to be greeted with - "Oooh, you smell nice."

He likes it. I love it. Lancôme is on to a winner.

Yes I loved the fact he acknowledged my fragrance-du-jour, but also the fact an Eau de Toilette had lasted all day! This is big deal in my world. Wild, so it is. It's not just him. Mum and sister are eyeing it up too, a little too much for my liking.


Lancôme's original La Vie Est Belle has had a re-imagining as a brighter, lighter scent. I'm not familiar with the original, so I can't compare; instead I love it for what it is all on it's own.

The heart note is magnolia - a flower that blooms early in spring with a rich, creamy floral freshness. This is enveloped in a base of almond and praline and very sophisticated vanilla. There is a sweetness to the top, but not an offensive saccharine assault on the nostrils, more a nod to youthful candy-scented cosmetics mixed with chic pistachio macaroons.

Rose coloured fluid, just because. I'm torn as to whether the elasticated "ribbon"is necessary. Sometimes it reminds me of children's Tinkerbell wings, other times Gran's hastily decorated birthday gifts.

The bottle is perfection. Sleek, slim and square with a feminine curve to the profile. I'm a bit obsessed. I find myself enjoying the physical sensation of picking it up. It's a treat for all the senses.

It's the perfect signature scent while also being suitable for almost any one.

Do you have a signature scent?
What would it smell like?

No comments:

Post a Comment