Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's a Liebster Award?


My thoughts exactly! It seems a Liebster Award is something you're generally unaware of until you're "nominated" for one. After a run of bad luck and high-anxiety a few things have been coming up Milhouse lately - and the latest thing to bring a smile to my face, one that's still hanging around, was when the very lovely Sarah tweeted me so say she nominated me for one! Apparently it started on a German blog about 2 years ago, leibster meaning "dearest" in German. It started out where you nominated 3-5 bloggers, but it has of course snowballed to include a whopping 11 nominations!

It's like a tag but it's also a little way to give budding bloggers a boost of encouragement, that's what made me smile so much. You pass on a nomination to 11 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers (oh triple figures, that's the dream right there), spill 11 facts about yourself, answer the questions posed by the person who nominated you and then leave you're own 11 questions for your nominees to answer!

So, deep breaths - here it goes!

11 Random Facts About Me
1. My Boyfriend and I lived around the corner from each other for 20 years and never knew each other.
2. I take singing lessons, but refuse to let anyone hear me sing
3. I've been a vegetarian for almost 8 years
4. I have a terrible fear of heights
5. I nearly got thrown off a horse once, but stayed on. I'm a cowboy.
6. I used to be able to say I had been to every Disneyland/World until they built one in Hong Kong
7. My favourite country, besides Ireland, is New Zealand
8. I have 3 tattoos
9. I have 13 piercings (all in my ears)
10. I love Asian films with subtitles
11. I wish I had hair like a Disney princess


Sarah's Questions:

1: Why did you start your blog?
I felt I needed somewhere to put my thoughts and ideas, and I love writing things!
2: What are your favourite and least favourite parts of blogging?
I love the community and the support from everyone. I don't like trying to motivate myself when I just won't listen ...
3: What is your favourite clothes shop?
Oh dear ... this is tough. I'd have to say BT2 - Dr. Denim jeans and Cos jumpers, heaven!
4: What is your dream job?
I think it would be a magazine columnist or something, but it changes every day!
5: Do you think guys and girls can ever really just best friends or is there something more?
Yeah I think they can! Always good to get the opinion of the opposite sex.
6: Age old question: Are you a cat or a dog person?
BOTH! Anything fluffy really...
7: Cadbury or Galaxy?
Cadbury, no question.
8: Film adaptation of books or the original books?
Original books
9: Thing you miss most from your childhood?
Summer holidays ...
10: Joseph Gordon Levitt or Ryan Gosling?????
Oooooh ... this is tough. I'd have to say Joseph Gordon Levitt!
11: Favourite way to spend your weekend?
Wearing wooly jumpers, shopping, walking to dog, ordering food and reading blogs :)



My questions:

1. What's you're favourite colour?
2. Do you have a hobby other than blogging?
3. What was the last thing to make you laugh?
4. What was the last thing to make you cry?
5. What would be your perfect holiday?
6. What's your favourite lyric from a song?
7. What item of clothing/jewellery would you love to own, if money was no object? 
8. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be?
9. Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
10. What's the best piece of advice you ever received?
11. Sunrise or sunset?


And now, of course,

I nominate:


Dani - who has 170 likes on Facebook let's get it to 200!

Ellie's Deisgn MisseDesign blog  - possibly the best looking blog there is!

Molly Pocket - I want ALL her clothes

Marissa Carter - who recently asked if she should start a blog, so follow her on Twitter and tell her "Yes, yes, very much yes!"

Kelly Hope Murphy - for all the make-up inspiration you need 
Annemarie of StyleBiscuit - she has some great finds!

Nurse Fancy Pants - she's got such a great variety of posts!

Cindy- for serious nail envy!

I renominate Avril because she's needs to blog as much as possible and pass on all her knowledge!

Claire - for her wonderful mix of food and beauty

Tara of Beauty and Binge because of that brilliant name and stunning make-up looks.







So there we have it! Phew, that was a lot of writing - but was a really lovely idea so I had to get involved!
Be sure to check out these lovely ladies - it's a great way to find new blogs, I added a couple to my reading list already!

Lots of love
Lisa
xXx

3 comments: