Friday, January 4, 2013

Word of the day - Elegance

Word of the day today is elegance.





It's less about how you look and more about how you carry yourself. Think Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, Christina Hendricks or Lana Del Ray (controversial topic, I know). Thinking out it, I've sort of been obsessed with elegance all my life.
From idolising Disney princesses like Aurora and Cinderella, forever swooning over sky-high heels and keeping my nails as long as physically possible. It's that understated, effortless beauty, that isn't tied to measurements, it's not pigeonholed as being any one thing but a combination of any number of them.

It's romantic, chic, classy, light, airy, delicate, sultry, timeless beauty.
It's more about how you see yourself rather than how others see you.

As I get older, I find myself becoming more insecure. Looking too long at pictures of supermodels and airbrushed magazines fooling myself that people actually look like that. But I just need to remind myself, it's nothing to do with what the "media" think, it's all up to me to be happy within myself.

With that in mind, here's something to make you feel better about yourself. - Supermodels before and after make-up



Is elegance old fashioned, or is it still relevant today?
Am I crazy for being obsessed with a word like that?

Lots of love
Lisa
xXx

3 comments:

  1. I think elegance will never be dated. I think being elegant is also about having respect for your self, and its not all about what you look like on the outside but how you are on the iside.
    I think their are a lot of women out there that I would consider to be elegant but they always have the nails or hair done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree! It's that classic, polished look. I just love it so much - it doesn't date, it's all about being sure in yourself :) Also, goo word!

      Delete
  2. I think most of these models look lovely without the makeup too! Lara Stone in particular :)

    Following you!

    http://annettibus.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete