Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dry Skin Superheroes

Products for dry skin
Roger&Gallet, La Roche Posay and Ziaja come to the rescue 
Dry skin is not just an issue when it comes to facial skin care, it's all all-over issue. Thankfully, products like these are here to save the day ...

My skin is dry from head to toe. Literally. I get dry scalp if I haven't used the right shampoo, and my feet rarely see the light of day due to their dry disposition.


Water is the enemy when it comes to my dry skin, as it will dry out unless I do something to save it, so naturally my dry skin routine begins with the shower.

Shower gels have been a struggle. Usually over-perfumed, they are more likely to dry out my skin after use than anything else. Thankfully, Roger&Gallet came to my rescue with this gorgeous offering that not only smells divine (I have Jean-Marie Farina, a beautifully light, refreshing scent) but contains no soap, colour or parabens and is in no way drying on the skin.

Now I'm not a body butter girl, unlike so many I know. I much prefer rich, nourishing moisturisers that absorb into my skin quickly. It's rare that a scented product suits my dry skin well however  Roger&Gallet Lait des Bienfaits is sublime in how beautiful it smells (think fruity, citrus, floral scents), as well as being wonderfully hydrating with what I like to think of as a silky satin finish to the skin. I use this over my arms and body, while on my legs I have fallen head over heels with Ziaja Avocado Oil Body Lotion. Originally a Polish brand, Ziaja products are natural and amazingly great value. This cream is rich and thick however one pump will easily spread to coat my entire leg, while absorbing in quickly meaning there's no waiting around before getting dressed. It's taking me a very long time to get through this generous bottle, but then I do I'll be giving their goat's milk lotion a go next!

Of course, it's not just after the shower we have to be watching out for our skin. Particularly after the summer we've been having with the intense heat and sun, and even now with the harsh autumn sunlight, SPF is crucial. La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Invisible Nutritive Oil has been a life saver. Never once did I get burnt during the summer and my skin stayed soft and nourished but not greasy

What are you favourite skin products?
Am I crazy to disregard body butters?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment