Saturday, November 16, 2013

Colour Week - Day 4 - Violet Eyes

- Elizabeth Taylor watch out, we can have violet eyes too -
Purple has to be my absolute favourite wildcard colour when it comes to eyes.

Sure bronze and burgundy are in the running, (and Blue of course) but nothing says POW like a pop of purple on your peepers.

Okay, I promise the P puns are over (okay now they are), so instead I'll get cracking on a run down on my favourite purple products. (You can't blame me for that one)
The thing about purple is, no matter what colour your eyes are, it has this unique ability to bring out the best in them.

My first foray into the realm of the purple eye was with a matt purple Sephora shadow. My latest obsession, oh so similar yet of course just so different, is Matt 375 from Inglot. A lovely, wearable, true purple, and I take my purple's very seriously. My favourite look with this kind of colour is a shimmery champagne over the lid with purple on the outer third, blending into the crease. G'wan and smudge a little on the lower lash if you're felling frisky. Throw in a neat feline flick of black liner and thank me later.

This season my favourite way to encorporate purple has been a little more subtle. Eyeliner is a particularly effective, and inexpensive, way to spruce up any look. My personal favourite is to whip up a matt, or slightly shimmery brown smokey eye and team it with a rich purple in the waterline. Instant Ooomph. I got the idea from Sarah (At The Beauty Desk) during an #irishbbloggers chat and I haven't looked back. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Purple is a great one, one of my go-tos this season. The colour is stunning, think Cadbury purple, and lasts and lasts. Essense in Coolest Chic is that bit brighter, if you're looking for something a little more eye catching.

Metallic purple is really what I'm all about when I'm talking about purple. It's so rich and luxurious, especially coming into party season (there I said it!). Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Purple Stain, weird name but stunning colour and beautiful shimmer. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner in Empire now, well, well, well - that's a purple eyeliner. I'm so in love. The colour. The staying power. The shimmer. It's also a lovely deep purple; on the waterline at a distance it may appear black, but it brings that unique je-ne-sais-quoi purple does so well. Honourable mention has to go to Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in Paranoid Purple for an equally beautiful colour and hello beautiful purple eyeshadow.

Of course no purple eye post would be complete without an ode to purple mascara. Yes, it reeks of tragic teenage experiments, but there's a far more sophisticated air about these beauties. YSL Babydoll in Violet is guaranteed to warrant second looks, and thirds and fourth. It's not immediately obvious as purple when it's on the lashes, but it's just enough to bring the right amount of attention. Not to mention Babydoll is one of my most favourite mascaras for stunningly sultry lashes. You can't go wrong. Also, it smells really nice. Is that weird?

Lastly, L'Oreal False Lash Flutter in Purple  is a great gateway product. Not only is it a great mascara; lovely wet formula that doesn't clump, lifts and lengthens and holds something fierce. The Midnight Blacks is an intriguing collection to say the least. I think it snuck out onto shelves before it hit the presses because I picked my purple up a while ago in a purple-loving haze only to discover they were a new, big deal. So how purple is it? Well it's black, with a hint of a hint of purple. But like I said, it's just about bringing that little something special. We're not looking to re-living electric-coloured mascara any time soon ...

How do you feel about purple?
Would you consider it for everyday wear, or just for Christmas?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment