Wednesday, October 10, 2012

NOTD - October 11


A friend and I treated ourselves to manicures last weekend. We had been trying to plan it for weeks, eventually we agreed to meet up in Dundrum and just go for it. We headed for Harvey Nichols where I was pleasantly surprised (read: unnaturally excited) to learn the nail bar was stocked with Essie polishes!

A File and Polish is only €20 - which I thought was perfect considering the cost of the polishes themselves (upwards of €10). I chose Merino Cool for my manicure - it's a soft purple-grey colour, (Instagram does not do it justice) quite unusual and goes so well with autumnal tones like burgundy and navy, it's a real chameleon colour. I was instantly drawn to this sophisticated darker tone, which my lovely nail artist Karla said compliments longer nails well. She was also kind enough to shape my nails in a lovely long oval shape after I mentioned I loved Lana Del Rey's nails (I know they're fake, but a girl can dream).


Four days in and my nails are still perfect. My right index finger and thumb are showing the tiniest bit of wear from being caught in a zip and typing on a keyboard all day but they're still super shiny and the colour is flawless. I highly recommend treating yourself to at least a file and polish once in a while - especially, if like me, your nails are that bit longer and harder to shape at home.

Also new word - greige - a colour that is a combination of grey and beige. Bit of a buzz word, especially in relation to nail colours this season like Chanel Frenzy and other lovely neutrals on the scene.

I know I'm a little late to the party (this being the first time I've ever had a manicure), has anyone else treated themselves lately?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment