Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Skin Care Regime - Morning

Avene, Lancome, Vichy, La Roche Posay, Caudalie
Soft and gentle morning skincare
I chop and change a lot, but this routine has been around a while now ...
My morning skin regime is about freshening up my skin so that it feels clean, clear and ready for the day and makeup it has ahead of it. I sweep Avène Extremely Gentle Cleanser over my face on a cotton pad to take off any grime and left-over night time products. I follow with Caudalie Beauty Elixer, which was an Escentual purchase made after hearing so many bloggers hint at this little gem. I apply it with a cotton pad and I find it refreshes my skin and leaves it tingling like a toner. I then settle everything down with Avène Thermal Spring Water, a staple in my regime for almost a year now. I even have Boyfriend obsessed.

With my skin clean and refreshed, I now set about hydrating it and preparing for the day ahead. My serum of choice is Lancôme Advanced Génifique, the king, queen and god of all serums. Everything a serum should do for your skin, this does. It has made a huge difference to my skin, making it smooth, soft, clearer and more resilient. It's also hydrating and the effects last all day. Eye cream is a new addition to my regime, but I'm coming around to the idea. Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 is not just any eye cream, in fact it's a serum and it's also for your lashes. Using just the smallest amount, it brightens the eye area, isn't greasy and doesn't leave a residue. I also find it primes the eyes and lashes for make-up, I feel my mascara goes on that bit better when I've remembered to use this little darling.

Finally I finish up with my La Roche Posay Nutritic Intense Riche. My love for this moisturiser knows no bounds, as many of you know. For many it would be too rich to use as a day cream but my skin drinks this right up and it helps my skin stay hydrated all day.

All in all, this keeps me in the bathroom for about 10 minutes. I use all of one cotton pad (I pull them apart to make 2 out of 1, I'm eco-friendly like that) My skin and my makeup are all the better for it when I make the time for it.

How many products are in your morning skincare regime?
Have you tried any of these products yourself?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment