Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Skincare Regime - Evening

Proactive and reactive skin care...
Night time is when your skin repairs and rejuvenates itself, this is how I help it along ...

Okay let's address the two elephants in the room. Yes I know there are a lot of products here and shock-horror it's not an exclusively French line-up like my morning skincare regime.


My evening skincare focuses on clearing away the makeup and grime from the day just gone and giving my skin a helping hand in it's recovery process.

I use La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Milk to remove the bulk of my makeup, including eyes and mascara. It's super gentle and effective, the creamy consistency perfect for my dry skin. I happened upon Naturamatics Cleansing Oil at the Dublin Food Co-Op. Suitable for all skin types it draws impurities out of the skin while being incredibly nurishing and gentle and most importantly not disturbing the skin's natural acid mantal. I massage it into my skin and gently wipe away with a warm natural flannel.

For the first stage in my hyper-hydration I call on my Benefit Moisture Prep Toning Lotion. It soothes my skin after the warm flannel and readies it for the products to come. If I remember I'll use the Vichy LiftActiv eye/lash serum, but only if it a rare non-lazy day.

Now comes what I like to consider to be the active ingredient. Depending on how my skin is looking I'll use either my LancĂ´me Advanced Genefique to work on pigmentation and dullness or I'll go for La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, a new love of mine, which has helped bring my troublesome-teenage-skin back in line.

Last is the product that proved to me I had grown up - my night cream. (You know you're in your mid-20s when ...) However Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa (Viva Adonis have a great review of this beauty) is not just any night cream. Firstly it's not the rich, heavy, cold creams of yore, it's a light, refreshing almost gel-like product. It was a godsend during the summer heat, instantly refreshing my skin. You only need the smallest amount to smooth effortlessly over the face. I don't bother rubbing it in too much, preferring to let it soak in overnight. I've found that it's the perfect partner to Effaclar Duo as, even thought the Effaclar formula does it's best to hydrate while treating blemishes, I always find blemished areas go dry while they're healing, so this keeps it at at bay.

So that concludes my everyday skincare regime. I know it seems like a lot, but it's been a long time in the works. I've finally reached a point where I feel I have something to tackle everything that needs tackling.

What's your skincare regime like? Minimal or product-packed?
Do you take the active ingredient approach like I do?

Lisa
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment